Friday, March 3, 2017

A Pop of Yellow - Spring Inspiration with Floral Greetings

Hello! It's Gracie Chávez and today I want to brighten up your day with a pop of yellow with this fresh and Spring forward handmade card. A splash of watercolor and some alcohol marker coloring against a clean background sure makes you dream of Spring and Summer...



I used my latest stamp design for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, Floral Greetings. You get 2 floral images in this set and I decided to go with the Camellia bloom this time. I stamped it multiple times and fussy cut 2 flowers and as many leaves I could. Although the background was watercolored the flowers were colored with Spectrum Noir markers in different tones of yellow.


I used the flowers to frame the minimalist die cut circle wreath and added a few strips of color paper to break the structure of the card front at the same time that it blends in the color palette. Finally I adhered a banner with a greeting stamped and heat embossed in gold on vellum and added some rhinestones to finish the card.


More inspiration using this stamp set can be found on the blog! The design team has come up with brilliant ideas using this flowers. I can't wait to see what you create with it! Visit the shop and get this and other new sets today.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Donna W said...

Lovely card, such pretty colors! Thanks for sharing.

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Wonderful card design! Love the fresh colors you used, too. Tfs! :) ~ Andrea

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a beautiful card Graciellie. Love the yellows and blues... the vellum strip with he hear embossed greeting looks great. Wonderful design.